Friday, September 29, 2017

Summer 17

After the Bermuda trip we took it easy, staying at home in Providence and doing some local trips.

We visited our friends Steve and Elena at their summer home in Goshen. However, all we have is a shot of this baby cow:

Goshen CT Calf


Enough of the non-nautical theme.  We next went out to Block island and Eastern L.I.   A few classic B.I. shots:






































































































Susan's mom Louise drove out to Greenport to spend some time with us.  Nice day sailing!


























I'll end this blog with some more "non-nautical" photos.  First, we had a solar eclipse this summer, and we saw it two ways:  The first was through a welding shield courtesy of the guys at the marina.  No photos of that.  BUT, we also held up the pasta strainer against our seats, and got this:

Pasta strainer
Lotsa little pasta strainer eclipses!

























Next on the highlight reel is my birthday (big round number).  Here are some dessert shots:

My dessert at Gracie's 

My cake at home party, courtesy of Tiffany!

And finally, to really celebrate, I had a partial knee replacement!!  Not easy finding new doctors in a new state. I really looked hard and long to find one, until one day I was picking up Chinese food at a local take out place and this bus passed me:

MAKOplasty!!!  That sounds like something I want!
So, I did it!!

Thanks, Dr. Marchand!
Kinda makes you want to go back to the calf shot, right!

Next:  We prep for another trip south!